Sunday, January 9, 2011

Autumn Decor

So we've learned this month that I love seasonal decoration and Greer does not.  However, he is a patient and loving husband who only wants me to be happy.  And so... we are slowly getting some seasonal decorations around the Burrow

Don't get excited- we don't have much money, time or space, so we don't have much that screams "fall" except for the nature in which we live.  I did buy a pumpkin from Wal Mart (I know.. very much not the same as a pumpkin patch) with my mom.  That now sits on the front steps.

I threw a fake fall bouquet (Wal Mart) in one of my leftover wedding vases.  I love the look of the twine vase- it truly goes with any season. 

I spotted a $3 fall leaf dish at Ross and thought that was a cheap enough peice of decor.  The challenge has been finding a good space for it. 

Do you decorate seasonally?  What are your fall decorations?  I found some fun ones other creative bloggers have come up with that I thought I'd store/share here.

Tater Tots and Jello
I love these spray-painted Dollar Store pumpkins Jen made at Tater Tots and Jello.  I really love the blue color (who says fall is only orange, red and yellow?!).  Visit Tater Tots and Jello to find out how to make this display!

Gail's Decorative Touch
I really love that Gail from Gail's Decorative Touch used acorns to celebrate fall, straying from the traditional pumpkin.  Greer thinks "pumpkins and nuts on a stand are silly," but I really like them.  Visit Gail's Decorative Touch for the tutorial on how to make these adorable topiaries (is that the word?? haha).

No comments:

Post a Comment