Friday, May 11, 2012

Antique Record Cabinet: Repainted

The antique record cabinet is almost done!  Let's take a look at the before so you can truly appreciate this upgrade for us:





Greer painted it to match the one kitchen wall, which nicely accents the orange living room.  All that is left is to pick out and attach the hardware. We've found a nice pair for the bottom doors that we are waiting to attach.  We'd like to have both top and bottom sets picked out before we start screwing anything in, so that we know they will look good together.







So much better!


Greer was able to fit the receiver and his record player safely in the top part of the cabinet.


The bottom shelves house his favorite, most frequently enjoyed records, our current Netflix rentals, and my Zumba instructor DVDs.

The log table that used to house all of the living room entertainment systems is now in my studio/guestroom.
I actually like it in the guestroom more than I thought I would.  I'd be happy to leave it there for awhile.  I really like that it brings my niece's dollhouse off the floor!




1 comment:

  1. I love what you said about having to many interests to fit into 365 crazy days . . . You pretty much summed up my life too. I wish each day were 36 hours.
    I am very excited to have found your blog, it will be fun seeing all of your up-dates and re-dos. I too, love re-purposing furniture as well as old jeans and anything wood or fabric. I am also an artist, musician and singer. Life is good. We have many years between us . . . from your photo, I think that I could almost be your grandma. I find that even though our bodies age, our spirits do not. I have a feeling that we are kindred in spirit :)
    I am your newest follower and I would be honored if you would return the flavor and follow me back.
    Have a wonderful weekend,
    Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete