Thursday, March 18, 2010

Thrifty Find: Headboard

While shopping for wedding tuxes, Greer and I stumbled upon the most adorable headboard I have seen.  (We made a side stop at a thrift store...)  I fell completely in love with it, but we knew it wouldn't fit in the car.  My darling fiance called the store later in the week and purchased the headboard over the phone (only $37!!)  My sister and I drove back up to the same area for a wedding hair trial (diseaster...) and picked up the headboard (thanks for letting us borrow your car, Mom!).

So now, I have a beautiful only slightly broken (and easily fixed) headboard for our future daughter.  Who won't be around for at least 3 years.  And may turn out to be a boy.  Will he like a pink and yellow flowered headboard?  .....only time will tell.

Anyway, I figure I'll try to think up some creative use for it until it finds it's real use one day.  I don't want the beautiful thing to just be stored somewhere!  Just look at it....

Oh wait. Blogger doesn't want to function at the moment.  I'll just upload the picture later. *sigh*

'Ta luego!

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for the comment...to answer your question, modge podge-ing the desk is really easy...you spread it on the desk using any kind of foam or paint brush(where the paper will go) put the paper on it and then using something with a flat edge, press the paper down so there aren't any bubbles. then simply line the paper up to cover your surface and then put a thin layer of modge podge over the top of all of it. hope this helps!! good luck!

    ReplyDelete