Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A Proud Wife

Hi all!
I had to share what I woke up to this morning.  I started to walk completely past, then turned back to stare, then woke my Greer up with a thousand kisses.

He made me a stencil of the (modified) flag of Spain!!!!

He is so talented!  As soon as I find a home for it (probably kitchen, maaaaaybe studio), I will post a picture.  I just had to share. I love his work and creativity and patience for the kind of painstaking detail stenciling requires. 

And for anyone interested....he does custom orders ;)

The only modification he made was of the toreador (bull fighter) and toro (bull).  That makes it even more symbolic for me because bulls are a big symbol of southern Spain, including Salamanca (where I studied).  I don't know if he knew that ahead of time.  Maybe, because I but a (rather ugly) bull belly button ring when I was there.  Don't worry, I didn't wear it much and I have let that hole close up!  Still fun to have the bull though.

Back to the modification... the crest on the true Spanish flag would be way to intricate for him to stencil, at least in one night.  This is what it looks like:


I like mine better.

:)

1 comment: