So... update on projects:
1. I did finish the dresser. Just need to screw the handles back on (holding off on specialty knobs) and I'll throw a picture on here. I think it came out pretty well, 3 coats of paint though! I don't think I'll use glossy paint again. I don't like the stickyness of it.
|colors are funky with my camera|
2. I just need a few more tiles of the shelf I've been playing with and then that will be finished and posted here. I still don't know where I'm going to put it. I'd put it for sale, but the wood is kind of junky and it was just a fun project.
|you guessed it...colors aren't right|
3. My co-worker's custom bench is nearly done! My dad and I worked on it for a long time yesterday and got the rest of the peices cut, sanded and assembled. I only stripped 2 screws! Wahoo! All that's left is sanding and painting. I can't wait to give it to her- I think she'll love it. I'll post that up here too when it's finished.
4. While I've been crazy busy, my dad has cut a lot of the pieces for Greer's and my hutch base. A little back story: We have a DVD shelf that is just the old shelf my dad built for me in college to put on top of my flat desk. It's come in handy, but we have used up all the shelf space and then some. So I had the idea to make a base for it with some doors and turn it into a hutch. More DVD storage and perhaps some record storage for Greer. He doesn't want doors, but I'm afraid I will insist. The top can stay sans-doors.
5. The dollhouse is nearing completion. It has been the. biggest. pain. ever. I do believe I now hate Greenleaf dollhouses. They do not assemble easily. It is not just shove the tab into the notch. It does not just take wood glue. It took multiple tries and an different solution to get the main walls and floor assembled. I will go into more detail when I post it. I don't think I will ever make another dollhouse.
7. The $5 end table I purchase from Seed for the Nations Thrift Store- I have done one thing. Pulled of the old leather. Eventually I'll get around to completely stripping the thing. I'm kind of nervous about the intense chemicals I'll have to use. Part of the hobby I guess!
6. New project on the list! My parents are re-doing their laundry room and they got rid of the big old hanging cabinet in there. Where did it go? Me! They know I love finding peices to re-do, and always need more storage. So that giant is in our storage shed for me to play with when I wrap up the other projects. Which gives us plenty of time to decide where to put it. Here it is...
7. Downstairs storage bathroom- just an idea. What was supposed to be a pantry was converted to a half bath when the house was built. So we have 2.5 bathrooms and just Greer and I live there. Right now that half bath is a scary thing to open, with Greer's laundry literally falling out the door and the vacuum balancing on top. My goal to straighten this up? Install some high shelves for storage and a TALL laundry bin for Greer. Turn it into the pantry it should have been (and possibly usuable as a bathroom?).
I think that's it for now. Share what's up in your world!