Thursday, April 28, 2011

Rabbit Hole Currently

Phew!  Let me just say I am infinitely thankful to have made it through last night's tornado that cut through our yard.  Somehow we only sustained minor damage like loss of shingles and lots of uprooted trees.  Since when are there so many tornadoes in Virginia?  Scariest night of my life, to say the least.

Onward and upward, however.  I'll post some tornado damage pictures later and maybe say a bit more. In the meantime.....

(Click "Continue Reading")


I posted the mood board for the Rabbit Hole room in our home.  You can find that post right here.  I thought I'd put up a few "before" pictures to show you what we're working with.  I took these last night before the storm.  Supposedly my camera shoots in HD...but maybe that's just video.

As you walk up stairs, the first thing you see is the Rabbit Hole...

 
The walls are actually purple (the shade in the mood board).  You can see the shape of the wall/ceiling angle and the trap door in the ceiling for the attic.  That's the future fake skylight.

Here's a shot of the lone furniture in the Rabbit Hole at the moment.  Our couch's ottoman (protect from kitty-claws with blankets) and a suitcase table made by Greer.


Looking to the right you can see the bathroom (plans to paint that...)


And then looking to the left....

The door on the left is the entrance to our bedroom. 

So, tiny space. Hard to photograph.  But that's the Rabbit Hole!




2 comments:

  1. It already looks nice and comfy there - perfect to curl up with a good book on a rainy day. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you get at it with all your creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was using it yesterday with the ottoman. As much as I love the ottoman there (and Marzipan does too).. I just love the idea of the hammock swing!

    ReplyDelete