Thursday, February 25, 2010

DIY Wedding Save the Date






Finally. I got the Save the Dates in the mail and they are arriving at their destinations daily (hopefully). There are only 2 slight problems I didn't see beforehand:

1. I ordered way too many. I ordered 150 Save the Dates to be printed, you know, for slightly over the amount of people on the guest list. What I didn't consider is that number includes every single person on the guest list, not the number of parties. I have about 100 Save the Dates that will not be used! .....new wallpaper? Kidding! Just the border....

2. We did not include our last names. I was a little worried about great aunts and uncles wondering who these people are, so I needed to fix this before I sent them. For most, I wrote "TO" in the address area follow by the recipient address. Underneath that and slightly smaller, I wrote "RETURN" and then filled in my information. I really hope this clears up any confusion. If not, they'll still get the "invitation to follow."

I don't have a step-by-step outline because it wasn't really a crafty project. Unless you'd like to see all the different layouts, colors and fonts used, I think I only need to post the final product. I did include a picture of the original stencil I used for the graphic. It's called "Hopefully You" created by my wonderful Greer. He made it from a photo of us and gave it to me for Christmas '08 right before he proposed.



I'm still working on my photo skills, so I apologize for the low-quality. I don't know what it looks like the edges are warped inward; it's just a regular 3.5 X 5 inch rectangle.

There's a little copyright watermark on there to protect Greer's creation.





Here's the back! I used the Photoshop 'Clone' (or was it 'Stamp'?) to edit out Greer's email, so you can't see that at all. Then I got lazy and just blurred out the wedding website URL.

We have a sort-of honey theme which explains the bee. We used "Health & Happiness" because that is what the 2 H's at Double H Ranch stands for. If you haven't read my post about Double H, it might be helpful. It's the place Greer and I met.

So now I'm onto invitations! I'll post these and hopefully the process when that's through. That's more of my Other Mother's project, I'm just helping with the text.

On a side note, I'm trying to avoid paying for a custom blog layout and creating my own. Any tips? I really don't want to have to pay, but that may be just too much work for me right now...

Hasta la proxima vez!

No comments:

Post a Comment