A little vintage. A little carnival. At little red, a little blue. This is my inspiration....
Click "Continue Reading"
1) The color scheme: This is as close as I could get to the colors in my mind/studio. Cream colored walls, bright red dresser and some blues. Not many colors actually in there yet, so I'll be changing it up.
2) Pillows: I received 2 red PB pillows with the sofabed. I love the bicycle pillow and hope I can make it myself!
3) Lamps: Lighting with bases that go with the color scheme. I threw the bird on there for fun.
4) Artwork: This round I'm going to plan my wall decor first, before just slapping things up and ending up with an odd mish-mash. In my mind, this is a very important step to bring the room together. I picked three pieces that I really liked. I could make the Keep Calm.. and the map of Spain wall decor myself. Might have to order the elephant print...
5) Sofabed: This is not the one in the room, but as close as I could get. Ours is a little older, neutral with teeny red and blue stripes (you can only see up close). We got it from my co-worker for $25! Best deal ever. Great for making a guest room a useable space as well.
6) Trunk End Table: Greer makes some fun suitcase end tables which I'm hoping to snag and put in this room. It's always necessary to have a table next to a bed or couch, and I like the suitcase for visitors. This trunk was as close as I could find on Polyvore.com but I really like it as well.
I also just threw in some blue towels. I haven't decided about curtain pattern yet so I'm leaving it alone until in comes to me.
Now...where did I plant that money tree.....