Monday, June 6, 2011

La Cocina: Las Detalles

La Cocina = The Kitchen
Las Detalles = The Details

I thought I'd share some kitchen details in our house at the moment.  I was playing with my camera, trying to see if I could capture close ups.  Want to see?

We aren't fans of keeping things in the commercial containers.  We both love mason jars (what is it about them?).  Greer is really good about knowing what to store in them and pretty much does it as soon as we buy a refill.  I can't name everything in them from this picture, but I know there is sugar, popcorn kernels and coffee.  As of today we have added a jar of southern grits straight from South Carolina! Wooo



To the left of the sink are some other fun things.  The bowl is hand-made and was a wedding gift.  There is a sun on the inside bottom.  We like to keep it filled with fruit so we grab the healthier snacks in front of our faces.  This was also storing some seeds until those were planted.


My Other Mother suggested the white lights on top of the cabinets and I love it.  I turn them on as soon as the light starts fading.  The bicycles are left over from our wedding.  There is another handmade bowl wedding gift, honey pot (our wedding theme was Sweet Honey Love), and a silver tea set wedding gift.

This is my childhood table given to us by my parents.  My dad made this table out of some wood and an old Singer sewing machine.  When we moved into the Burrow, we only had the ice cream shoppe 2-seater table.  That now lives on the porch and we inherited this beauty!


Last, everyone's favorite picture it seems.  It's next to the door and whenever someone (like my mom) leaves, they say "I love these pictures!"  The frame was an engagement gift from Greer's parents and the photos are a few of our engagement photos by Alisandra Photography.

Those are just a few kitchen details to keep you reading until I can post more about projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment