Sunday, January 9, 2011

Curb Appeal: Front Porch

We have a giant, half wrap-around porch that is not really put to good use yet.  We have a wonderful hammock on wheels that is just plopped in a corner.  We also put our old kitchen table (remember this?) in another corner so we could enjoy breakfast with the sunrise.  Other than that, nada.  I'm brainstorming ways to fix this...feel free to add your suggestions.  What do you do with your porch or outdoor space?


I love what the designers of Country Living did with the space here.  We thought about porch blinds, but really didn't want to go that route.  The curtains are much softer and still let's light and breezes through.  The birdcage on the table is very fun too!  See Country Living's article about this porch, along with where they found the items (over my budget, but we can fix that!)

Easiest, most simplest thing to make your facade pop is to paint the front door a fun color!  Not only is Irene's (designstILes) front door a fun color, but the door itself is beautiful!  The wood planks, windows, oh I'm in love!
I love this address number holder!  I don't know where to find it, so off I go to hunt for something like it.  It reminds of street signs in Spain.  Love adding color and the house number so guests (and pizza delivery...) can find our Burrow in the clearing in the woods.  I found this on the Country Living website.


As per usual, I found this on the Country Living website (sensing a trend...).  This terrarium is made of old picture frames!  I do a lot of thrifting for picture frames.  I refuse to buy them at full price when I can find perfectly functional ones at Goodwill that just need a coat of paint or something.  There are so many uses for picture frames, I could write an entire post simply on this.  This is something I think would be beautiful inside or outside of the home.  Since I'm trying to dress up our large porch, but am not good with plants, I'm thinking of making this terrarium and putting in some fakes (shhh!).  Of course, I'll post the project when I get around to it (I say that every day.....!)

Oooo I just found another GREAT patio that I had to add to remember as inspiration.  This is from Debra at Bungalow and I spotted it on a DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land.  I love all the little additions she has on her patio to personalize it and make it cozy, down to the tree branches on her chandelier.  I had thought about stealing the old dresser in my parents garage attic and re-doing it, but I wasn't sure. Now I am! 

No comments:

Post a Comment