Sunday, January 9, 2011

DIY Bench from Knock-Off Wood

I never posted about this bench when I started because I was so busy.  It took me much longer to finish than it should have because of classes and Zumba and all kinds of craziness this fall.  I now have the chance to share and I'm pretty pleased with the product.

Before I go on, I just wanted to give credit where credit is due.  I found the plans for this project at Ana's Knock-Off Wood.  This woman is amazing.  She has plans for any peice of furniture you could imagine and want to build.  I cannot wait to get started on another project from her website.  Check her out!

So, we needed to clean up the junk and shoes at our door entrance.  What better than a cubby bench?  Here in progress...

Workin' away at my dad's shop
 I spent quite a few afternoons at my dad's shop learning how to use the power tools and measuring techniques.  I have to put a plug in for my dad's work- Shenandoah Second Wind.

Here we have the final product in place at home:





Thanks for stopping in!  Keep tuned for more projects...

Ciao Bellas!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT job on the bench!! I'm completely impressed with your craftswoman skills!

    ReplyDelete